Information for the friends coming on the flight:
Meet and Greet Information Session
If you live in Vancouver or the Lower Mainland, you will meet your group leader and other kids going on the flight about two weeks before the flight day. You will see a presentation about how your day will go, what to bring, and what to expect. The “Meet and Greet” is a good chance to ask questions, but if you have questions in advance you can also ask your contact person.
What To Bring
- If you take medication, please come with a two or three day supply.
- Children must bring their ORIGINAL birth certificate or passport with them.
- Adults must bring their passport with them on the flight.
- All children will change into their Dreams uniform that will be provided to them when they arrive at the airport. The Group Leader will provide additional caps and fanny packs.
- Personal belongings such as electronics and toys should be left at home as they will not be allowed on the flight.
- All adults should come dressed in their Dreams Take Flight shirt and capris, pants or shorts. Caps will be provided.
Arrival and Parking
- It is important that you are at the Air Canada North Hangar, NOT the airport terminal, no later then 03:45 as there are many things that to do before we leave for Disneyland.
- Directions and a map to the Air Canada North Hangar will be provided at the Meet and Greet.
- If you are accompanying a child on the flight or dropping a child off at the airport, please park in the “Visitors Parking” at the East Security Entrance (close to the MTU building. Organizers and adult escorts will be provided with a free parking decal for the West Entrance parking lot.
- Accommodations in Vancouver (for out of town children only): Please speak with your Dreams contact for more information.
- Proceed to your Disney group name table where you will meet your group and group leader.
- The aircraft will pull right up to the same hangar and the children will disembark there at the end of the day.
Schedule At Vancouver Airport
- Upon arrival at the Air Canada North Hangar at Vancouver airport, please proceed to your Disney group name table where you will meet your group and Group Leader.
- If you have medication for your child, please give it to the Group Leader.
- The children will be given their Dreams uniforms and will change into them at the hangar. You are asked to please take the children’s personal belongings home with you as there is no place to keep them at the hangar.
- Children will be in groups of five with a group leader, an agency escort and additional adult chaperones. Each group will go through Magic Kingdom at their own pace.
- Meals, snacks and drinks will be provided throughout the day.
- Please do not send money with your child as all of their needs will be taken care of.
- The group will stay together at all times during the day. There will be enough time to go on several rides and get many character autographs. Think ahead about what your most favourite things to do at Disneyland will be as your group leader will want to know in order to plan the day.
- Your group will meet on Main Street at 6:00 pm to begin departure from Disneyland.
- Group Leaders will have cameras and there will also be photographers at Disneyland to take group and “action” photos. The organizers will create a photo album for your memories.
Back In Vancouver
Parents can call the Dreams Take Flight Hotline at 604-270-5437 for up-to-date flight arrival time. Our flight number is AC 7002 and you can check our progress online at Air Canada Flight Status You will pick up your children from the Air Canada Hangar, the same place where you dropped them off in the morning.
Every child will get a group picture to take home from the trip with more pictures to follow. Photos will also be uploaded to our website. www.yvr.dreamstakeflight.ca
This is a No Smoking Day – absolutely no tobacco products are allowed!